In Tha' Tape Deck

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Here is what I'm listening to right now.




I have a confession to make, I have a bit of a rapper crush on Big K.R.I.T. which is rare for me.  I don't just hand out crushes like that so he should be honored ; )  Anyway, I like k.r.i.t. (king remembered in time) because he reminds me of home. His voice and words are familiar to me. His music is soulful, very southern, and although he's 25, he's very very wise.  I'm looking forward to the release of his debut album Live from the Underground, due out in June, but for now I'll enjoy the latest release of his mixtape 4evaNaDay.


I've loved Estelle since the first time I heard her music.  A couple of my favorites songs from her latest album- All of Me is All Day Long (blue skies), Cold Crush and Fall in Love feat. John Legend.

p.s. Theresa, Estelle has a song with Janelle Monae on this album called Do My Thing,  I know how much you love Janelle Monae : )



Black Radio by Robert Glasper is a Jazz musician but he's got a great line up of singers & rappers accompanying him on this album such as Erykah Badu, Mos Def, & Lupe Fiasco to name a few.  I'm really loving this album right now.  It's the perfect music for creativity.  What genre of music gets you going?


2 comments:

  1. Love the tape deck picture and the stuff you are listening sounds like pure inspiration. I haven't heard of Robert Glasper but I will certainly check out Black Radio. Thx for the nudge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori, thank you for the introduction! I had no idea this song with Estelle and Janelle Monae existed. I'm listening to it right now while I type this...Love! I also love Erykah Badu, Mos Def, and Lupe Fiasco, so I definitely need to check out the Black Radio album. Oh, and I've never heard of big k.r.i.t. I'm so excited I have all this new music to listen to! Excuse me while a bob my head a little. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... UA-24543921-1

One. Eleven. Studio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger