Sewing: Trial and error

Saturday, May 19, 2012




First things first, I'm obsessed with embroidering! I want to embroider everything!  I did a little bit of embroidery to two of the clutches above but I'm not sure if I'll stick with the design. Which leads me to my next point... the only thing I don't like about working with leather is that when you mess up, you mess up, so I'm trying to be as careful as possible when trying out a new idea because leather does not come cheap my friends.  These bags are pretty much a wash (boo hoo) so I guess I'll try to save as much leather as possible.  So, what new skill are you learning these days?  Have any of you worked with leather before?

6 comments:

  1. Wowza, those are fabulous. Loving the embroidery and the envelope clutch. Just gorgeous:)
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a wash about these? Are you doing some fancy camera tricks? I like the envelope clutches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why a wash? I think they look beautiful. I love the combination of the navy/white stripe with the chocolate brown leather.
    My friend Eric works with leather and hand stitches all his bags. Can you even imagine? Wait, are you hand stitching or using a sewing machine? Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my measurements were off so I have to change a few things. Wow! hand stitched leather bags? I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, from here they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... UA-24543921-1

One. Eleven. Studio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger